Application & Form Downloads
Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community Conditions and Rules of its Shows
1) Exhibitors will show/sell only items that have been juried and passed upon by the Show Committee members.
All crafts must be produced by the exhibitor, not in collaboration with another person. Commercial products and imports are not allowed unless they are a component part of your craft. “Computer Generated” work, i.e. on-site computer printed products will not be accepted. Any product using a computer program to originate a craft is not permitted. “Licensed“ logos (football teams, cartoon characters, ”brands”, etc.) may not appear on products unless you own the license or have a “right to sell for profit” from the owner. The GSACC show committee has the right and responsibility to ask any craftsperson who exhibits work which has not been included in the jurying process or is deemed to be inappropriate for a family oriented show, to remove that work or to vacate their booth and the show, with no show fees being refunded to that exhibitor. Once exhibitors are juried into the show, they may not add other crafts or ask to be re-juried.
2) Exhibitors must drape tables to floor and decorate booths in an attractive manner. This enhances your craft, contributes to the overall appearance of the show and increases sales.
3) Exhibitors must set up in their assigned spaces. No “booth sharing” for exhibitors is permitted unless approved by the Show Committee, in advance, due to some extenuating circumstances. All exhibitors must be physically capable to load-in, set-up then tear down and load-out their booth and display or bring a helper to do so. GSACC members are not able to perform this courtesy and cannot always have such help available. The Gatlinburg Convention Center offers no on-site parking, therefore there are no handicapped parking spaces either. Exhibitors may be “dropped off” in easily accessed entrances then the driver can park in lots convenient to the Convention Center.
4) Exhibitors may not display “discount”, “sale”, or “show special”, etc. signs during the shows. No donation or “tip” containers are to be in evidence in the booths nor customers asked to donate to any cause or for any purpose. Also, signage, banners or display can be no higher than the 8 ft. back drape.
5) Exhibitor booths must be open and staffed during show hours. Anyone arriving late, leaving early before closing, or tearing down during show hours, will be refused acceptance in future shows and may be asked to leave that show at the next possible “opening or closing“ time.
6) Exhibitors are required to leave promptly at closing each night for security reasons. If exhibitor needs to work in their booth, they may do so between the hours of 8:00 – 10:00 AM daily. Merchandise may not be brought in or taken out using hand trucks or “dollies” during show hours unless cleared by the Show Manager in the show office. Notify the Show Manager if you need to deliver purchased pieces to the loading dock for a customer and use a dolly supervised by the Show Manager.
7) Exhibitors and their helpers must exhibit professional behavior at all times during the show. The GSACC show committee reserves the right to determine what constitutes professional behavior. Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in Exhibit Hall. Violation of this rule will result in the exhibitor, helpers and exhibit being removed from the show with no refund or allowance whatsoever. Exhibitor will not be invited to future GSACC shows. We host “family oriented shows”.
8) a. Exhibitors may not bring pets or comfort animals to the shows. This Convention Center is a “no pet” venue for exhibitors.
8) b. No smoking or vaping in the Convention Center or on the front porch of the CC. Go to the back loading dock or outside the building to the side between the Convention Center and the next door lodging.
9) The shows are work and exhibit venues. Make other accommodations for your young children as they can be a distraction for neighboring craftspeople and perhaps even injure themselves or cause damage to another exhibitor’s work.
10) GSACC will not be liable for refunds or any liabilities for failing to fulfill this contract due to reasons such as fire or other calamity, by an act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond its control.
11) Security will be provided. However, GSACC, City of Gatlinburg, GCVB, Gatlinburg Convention Center, its directors and employees, or the county of Sevier, will not assume liability for any loss, damage or injury to any display, inventory or to the exhibitor, their employee or guest at the show. If for any reason it becomes impossible to have a show, or an exhibitor is ejected from the show, the applicant/exhibitor understands that this agreement is terminated and waives any and all claims for damages and “holds harmless” GSACC and employees, agents, representatives, committee members or officers and other above mentioned entities and persons. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall GSACC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from such action and exhibitor/applicant discharges all above mentioned entities and persons from legal suits, demands and claims.
A) Security will give you instructions on parking your car for set-up and load-out. Follow their instructions as they are following
Convention Center and Gatlinburg Fire Dept. regulations.
12) A signed contract by an exhibitor constitutes: A) If accepted, commitment to exhibit in the show. No refunds will be given after the acceptance letter is sent. B) Acknowledgement of an understanding of these rules.
These rules and conditions are in effect for the safety, well-being and consideration of all exhibitors & visitors.
Thank you for respecting them and making our shows an enjoyable experience for everyone.